Gold Line Scissor Tail (Moenkhausia intermedia)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Gold Line Scissor Tail
45 Litres (12 US G.)
6-8 cm (2.4-3.1")
6.0 - 7.0
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are plumper and rounder than males. Males have more vibrant colouration.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish that should be kept in groups of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and bloodworm.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank that has some dense planting as well as open swimming space. A well-fitting secure lid is a must as this fish may try and jump if spooked.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small elongate fish with a pale body, almost translucent, occasionally with red-orange hues. The caudal is long and forked with a black caudal peduncle and a black bar on each lobe with a white base colour. The lateral line is visible as an iridescent gold stripe.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )