Golden Pencilfish (Nannostomus beckfordi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
6-7 cm (2.4-2.8")
6.0 - 8.0
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Golden Pencilfish
Additional scientific names
- Nannostomus anomalus, Nannostomus aripiragensis, Nannostomus aripirangensis, Nannostomus beckfordi surinami, Nannostomus simplex
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- The males are longer than females and the males have more red in their fins. The female has a golden stripe along their flanks.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A very peaceful fish that should not be kept with boisterous or predatory fish. Keep with equally peaceful similar sized South American fish such as Corydoras and Neon Tetras.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This Pencilfish accepts most foods which should be small for this fish's equally small mouth. Small pellet foods should be accepted along with daphnia and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day. This fish will not compete for food so feed in a community tank carefully.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )